Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A huge step into the dark

OMG I actually signed up for a marathon. For the past 3 years I have set a goal to run a full marathon but never actually have followed through. Well as of today, February 1, 2011 I have paid my money and have signed up to run 26.2 miles. Now, this isn't just any marathon, it's 26.2 miles of gnarly trail running. That's right folks I lost my mind and signed up for something harder than just a plain ol' marathon. I paid money to run the Triple Trail Challenge.  This triple threat includes a 16 mile race up to Jupiter peak at Park City Mountain resort that goes straight up and and comes right back down and I will be making a total climb of 3,000 ft. Two weeks later I will participate in the Park City half marathon. I plan to be in MUCH better shape for that half than the half I ran last summer where I couldn't walk normal for the following 3 days. And last but certainly not least on September 10 I will be running the Park City Mid Mountain marathon. This includes a full marathon along the tops of the mountains in Park City. Last week I was seriously thinking about if I really wanted to do this race and if I actually could do it. My final thoughts were "I am 23 and in very good health, there is absolutely no reason I could not do this." Plus I get a sweet jacket after finishing which totally gives me braggng rights. So here we go, starting this year off right by reaching high for this giant goal. I challenge each and everyone of you to take a leap of faith and jump into your fears and reach for that goal you never though possible to achieve. If you die at least you die trying!Wish me luck everyone and cheers to becoming a better you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home