Sunday, June 12, 2011

The kick off to an amazing summer


Holy shmoly I haven't written on my blog since FEBRUARY! I totally suck at blogging. I have done a TON since my last blog post and haven't written a stitch about it. It's alright though because I have an inkling that not very many people even read or know I have a blog. HA.

Ok so guess what? It's SUMMER! I am really pleased with the weather lately, and my tan. I have been waiting for the exciting month of June for a long time. This month is full of exciting things. First weekend was family reunion with all my friends in Salt Lake. I made a pretty big decision and moved from Park City and to the big city of Salt Lake! I am still trying to get used to the city. I've never lived in a city before and I lack the savyness. Hopefully that comes with time. I decided to move to be closer to the social scene and also because I plan on going back to school in the fall. I love PC so much so it has been kind of difficult but I think after I get used to everything I won't be sad that I moved. So I did all that busy stuff and then this weekend is Ragnar! You know that race I was supposed to be training for since Feb. Go ahead, ask me if I am ready. I'm not. If you don't know what Ragnar is let me give ya the low down. Ragnar is a relay race on a team of 12 people. There are Ragnars held all over the U.S. but this one in particular is call the Wastach Back Relay and my team of 12 will be running from Logan to Park City. That's 188 miles in 24 hours people. It's my 4th year participating and every year I tell myself I am going to be in better shape next year and then the next year comes and I am NOT in anywhere near the shape I should be in. So that's cool. I am trying to get in as many running sessions as I can before Friday and I am praying to the running gods above that I will make it through that tough 24 hours. Send good luck vibes my way!

After the race I will be rewarding myself with a Ray Lamontagne and more importantly Brandi Carlile concert! Ahhh I just love them both but I am still dreaming of the day when Brandi Carlile comes and sits on my lap and asks me to be her wife. I just can't wait to hear the sweet sounds of Brandi and Ray. It's gonna be EPIC!

After Ragnar and Brandi, 2 days later my brother comes home from his LDS misson where he has been serving in Tijuana, Mexico. It is so weird that he is going to be coming home in just a few days! I am freaking out about it. This kid is my BFF. We grew up together super close, we did everything together. On one side I feel like it has been years since I have seen him and on the other side I can't even believe it has been 2 years. Time flies! My parents are planning on picking me up and then we will all go and pick up the bro from the airport! I plan on standing there with the cheesy "Welcome Home Elder!" sign and everything. After the airport we will probably go to some place and have a huge dinner with all the family and extended family and I will eat my weight in delicious food. After the welcome home feast I will travel with the whole fam back to the home town of Roosevelt where I will stay for week hanging out with the bro and laying out at the pool. It's like my summer vacation and its gonna be awesome!
Shoot and after all of that excitement June will be over! I just know that this is going to be an amazing summer! I hope you all are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine :)

xoxo
shasta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home